Thursday, December 31, 2009

Auld Lang Syne


Meher Baba In Red Coat. painting by Karl Gallagher 2002




Flowers. digital image by Karl Gallagher, 2009




Flowers 2. digital image by Karl Gallagher, 2009





Meher Baba. painting by Karl Gallagher, 1998



♣♣♣




Karl Gallagher, poems . . .



Too Hard To Be Seen

what would it matter if it seemed
that it was all becoming like a dream
who would care
if I disappeared into thin air

awareness dissolves
I miss cues and clues
I don’t send a card
long distance connections drift
the immediate is too hard to be seen



 
Mc Donald’s Track, 1986

Deep night three a.m.
black window mirrors
moonshaft night spills across landscape
black sea dreams
memories promises childhood dreams
old man future
scuttle of mice overhead
silence solitary dreams
reflections
deep black eyes of the great southern whale

tan and blue gum tree
sentinel of the black crane night
wine glass smoke biscuit cheese dream
dreaming


dawn light grey songbird
skitter scatter sound dream
grey morning drip drap kitchen tap
awakening day dream


falling feathers sky high eagle
cloud thunder shroud dream
fortress walls tower cloud
rain about to be dream
running streams dream
drip dripping trees dream
golden bridge of sun dream
breakthrough walls dream
on the rolling ocean
of swelling hills dream
dreaming


♣♣♣


poem by Jack Kerouac


Bowery Blues


The story of man
Makes me sick
Inside, outside,
I don't know why
Something so conditional
And all talk
Should hurt me so.


I am hurt
I am scared
I want to live
I want to die
I don't know
Where to turn
In the Void
And when
To cut
Out


For no Church told me
No Guru holds me
No advice
Just stone
Of New York
And on the cafeteria
We hear
The saxophone
O dead Ruby
Died of Shot
In Thirty Two,
Sounding like old times
And de bombed
Empty decapitated
Murder by the clock.


And I see Shadows
Dancing into Doom
In love, holding
Tight the lovely asses
Of the young girls
In love with sex
Showing themselves
In white undergarments
At elevated windows
Hoping for the Worst.


I can't take it
Anymore
If I can't hold
My little behind
To me in my room


Then it's goodbye
Sangsara
For me
Besides
Girls aren't as good
As they look
And Samadhi
Is better
Than you think
When it starts in
Hitting your head
In with Buzz
Of glittergold
Heaven's Angels
Wailing


Saying


We've been waiting for you
Since Morning, Jack
Why were you so long
Dallying in the sooty room?
This transcendental Brilliance
Is the better part
(of Nothingness
I sing)


Okay.
Quit.
Mad.
Stop.



♣♣♣

2 comments:

collectedworks said...

At risk of duplicating already received comment, which i lost somehow my end! --let me say how much i like the paintings. Am curious as to how you make a 'digital painting'? Like them a lot. And digital or not, like the Francis Bacon, the Baba in red coat,all of them... Theyre exciting & in your face in the sense that you cant or wdnt want to escape the images, the colours... Congratulations

Old Fitzroy - - Dreaming blues, karlos? said...

dear collectedworks, really glad you like the artwork - which is in two separate mediums. There are the 'paintings' which are digital photos of my paintings (acrylic on canvas, or Arche paper)and then uploaded onto computer. And, the images titled 'digital image' are digital photos only - that I have been working with these past few years (mostly flowers) then further manipulated (sometimes) on the computer using a very basic program. Thanks for yr appreciative comment.